Thursday, August 02, 2007

This week was supposed to be a quiet week. Presentation was postponed from Monday to next week. So instead of a relaxing finish to the project we are busy with infinitesimal changes.

My aunt passed away this week and it was kind of expected. It's still a shock being just a few days after her mom, my gran.

With all the sadness of this week some more bad news from a friend (on Wednesday) was enough to put me into a somber frame of mind. Relationships are complex and difficult to repair. The news that he brought me was despairingly painful. I failed to offer any comforting words felt so useless as a friend.

I watched Blood Diamond that night and was blown away by the sadness and shameful greed in Africa. de Caprio gave a convincing performance and I was very impressed with his portrayal of a Zimbabwean. A great movie but don't watch it alone.

No comments: