Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Customer care? Are you joking! ?

The last 2 weeks have been a blur. I have helped my son with his final physics paper. I have had back to back meetings for the new company, Aide de Vie and the charity Open Roads. We held a workshop for 25 people and on Friday this culminated in a barbeque for 25 + at my house. After a "quiet" weekend with the children it was back to work.

My PA, Linda, is in France for 3 weeks and I am sharing my office with 2 fellow directors also in wheelchairs. It is busy but it is a good type of busy.

If there is anyone who is wheelchair bound you may sympathise with with my experiences. My wheelchair is not comfortable and there is not a day where I don't struggle to be in the chair. I have been advised to have a day in bed. I hate being stuck in bed. It is so boring. I always say, "I will sleep when I am dead!" To my mind I haven't got time to waste.

My problems in the wheelchair have been worse in the last few months and I finally resorted to resolving the problem. Once identified you would think the rest is easy. I never bargained for the service I would receive from Balder UK. They came for a consultation 4 weeks ago and I received the quote a week ago after numerous phone calls e-mails. The quote was incomplete and I am still waiting for the correct response. It seems that customer care doesn't concern them.

As if this wasn't bad enough my bed broke on the weekend and I am having a tough time getting it fixed. My normally restless sleep is now twice as bad.

So that is it. I need to go and write another letter to Balder UK.

No comments: