Sunday, January 18, 2009

Irma la Douce

On Friday night I invited some friends for a snack and a very special movie. The 1963 version of "Irma la Douce" starring Shirley MacLlaine and Jack Lemmon. An academy award winner and recipient of many awards, the movie is a heartwarming comedy tale of a fresh idealistic policeman Nestor Pitou, who falls in love with a demure yet very alluring prostitute called Irma. It's a sweet story love, jealousy and life that is sure to make you smile.
Yesterday my 3 children came over and they were very tired so after a light snack and a movie we all went to bed.

At Christmas they took some pictures in B/W for framing. So I thought you may appreciate seeing how they have grown.
Anyway after many interruptions during this writing I have decided to "give in" and go for coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the photo of the young ones. I don't think Alex will ever change - he always looks the same. As for Carmen, somehow I see a hint of Colleen in this photo. Maybe it is the dark hair and she certainly looks as though she has lost a lot of weight. Ruthie is taller but is still Ruthie.
Well, we will be seeing them soon.
Love

Mom

Unknown said...

Your kids look wonderful, what a great photo!!