Sunday, February 01, 2009

The road forward.

There are many choices we make in life. Some are good and some are bad. Choices made out of Fear, Obligation or Guilt often lead to results will are not in our best interests. I found I can live with a choice made for the right reason even if it means hardship and pain in the short term. After all physical pain has a beginning and end. Emotional pain can last for a lifetime.

I am in a wheelchair, paralysed below my neck with enough movement to press a button. I choose to go on each day even though the discomfort and pain are unbearable at times and leave me exhausted and on the verge of tears some days. I choose to go on though it is easier to rest and relax. It will not satisfy my soul to idle my time away. I can't do much but I will do what I can.

I am considering some post graduate studies and will be seeing dean of social science on Wednesday to explore possibilities.

If you have been following the fortunes Open Roads our charity. You will know from a a previous post (Christmas tipple) that Open Roads wants to change the perception of disability. We are planning to launch this charity to the community on the 7th April. If you would like to attend please write to info@openroads.org.uk In addition, please let me know if you can suggest a web designer who can help with a new website.

Oh yes take a peak at a view of my home through my Webcam see link on the link list to the right.

No comments: