Sunday, November 25, 2007

OK, I'm back.

I don't know what to tell you. My day to day existence is pretty boring by most accounts. I have learned that I need to do as much as I can to maintain sanity. I need very little to be happy. Company, conversation, stimulating challenge and good wine. It is too hard to be alone on top of the hardships and sheer repetitive existence demanded by this disability.

So the SA Rugby team has maintained some form after the world cup. The match against Wales was scrappy but I never felt concerned and neither did this world champions, SA, make me feel that they were playing their best.

John B and John F came over for beer and videos on Friday night. We watched Mel Gibsons Apocalypto. Don't bother, a waste of 3 hours. About a tribe in the Amazon and the expanding Mayan dynasty that seeks blood sacrifice. Lots of forest, blood, violence and subtitles, 'nuff said.

Tonight my friend John comes over with his son to watch a movie. This should be better, Tell no One" (French) . I have seen it twice.

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Julius, I also been slack but now back in some sort of routine, only about to be buffetted about by the December silly season. Im up to date now, and still here, still with you all the way. Best regards BrianH

Anonymous said...

Hi Julius,
You may remember meeting me with Hudders when you were in SA and we visited at your folks place. I visit your site often, & wish you well over the Christmas season and a really good New Year!
Take care,
Lorraine