Sunday, December 18, 2011

A week before Christmas

A week before Christmas and my house feels cold. It snowed this morning as I was in for my shower. After my shower I decided to stay in bed. I wanted to use my time to write. I wanted to write my  thoughts since I woke up at 6.00am. My mind has been whirring over the last months and I feel somehow that it’s time. See Pictures and Words: a Father ‘s Lament

The sun is out now and it looks to be a beautiful day. Val has promised to put up the Christmas tree. Normally I have it done by now. Strange year. 


I promised to buy my son a car. My budget for this has never been good but as first cars go the insurance for new drivers is ridiculously expensive several times the price of a car.


Today my carer, Debbie, has bought us a  pork joint to roast for our Sunday dinner. The 3 of us (Val, Debbie and myself) will settle down to eat at about 3pm an then a movie. Right now Val is in the kitchen finishing off some hampers for friends. This year we have home-made Raspberry jam, Piccalilli and Barmback a satsuma and scattered nuts make up the space.





2 comments:

Hazel said...

When I was told yesterday that it is Christmas on Sunday I thought it was impossible and was still hoping for a 2 weeks to go. This year has gone by far to quickly and I am afraid that I haven't been able to keep up. Haven't even thought about the dinner or anything. Your hampers sound good and will be much appreciated by the receivers.

Leanne Hunt said...

I have found it interesting and illuminating to read about how people in different circumstances spend Christmas. The internet is an amazing tool for opening up our minds. In particular, people with disabilities and parents of children with disabilities approach Christmas with a unique angle. As one blogger puts it, it's about difference, not indifference. Interest and a willingness to see things from other peoples' perspectives makes us richer, more connected individuals. All the best for the new year, Julius, and not forgetting your valuable companions!