Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lonely Bubble

Encouraged by the thoughts and words of other people . I often think that, I am alone in my bubble, which is the exclusion zone created by a wheelchair. Yet, we are all "alone". It is because we are, that we seek others to make contact with. We look to others and hope, hope that their being will prove we are not alone. So it is that to be ourselves we want others to affirm us.

In truth, we need to be ourselves first, to seek to accept ourselves for who we are, to let that knowledge affirm us. Being who I am is neither a good nor a bad thing. Being who I am doesn't mean I don't need to change, indeed I will change as I go through life. My happiness must come from the knowing, that I am growing. Becoming something better, something admirable and pleasing.

The thorns and the rose are more, when they have each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Julius,

I am really glad to see you back on the blog, I take it as a good sign even when I read that you have been (still are ?) in hospital.
Have you seen the french moovie " the intouchables", I think there is a version with english subtitles. I would be interested in having your appreciation of the way the subject has been treated. In France it has made 19 millions entries. It is a movie based on a true story, it relates the relationship between a paralysed men and his carer.
Of course when I saw the movie several months ago I thought of you and wondered already what you would think of it.
From what I read your mind is as strong as ever, I hope your health is keeping up too.
Hope to read more of you soon. Take care of you.
Frédérique