Friday, July 26, 2013

From emptiness to hope

Last time I wrote about emptiness and the feeling you get when you don't feel human, feel seperate from others. Today I am in a better place but the separateness of being disabled adds a dimension to life that others in your life can't relate to. I don't expect they will be able and I don't really mind; but I need connection. To feel that I am more than an object of interest. A person, who needs dignity ,love and hope. Yes hope.

I have a good sense of humour and can keep up with most. I have opinions on most things but can't be bothered to talk when I feel ignored. Sometimes when speaking I will gettalked over. That is tough. When you already feel invisible it can be hurtful. Hey, I used to be able to banter as good as anyone ,now I am a listener.

Emotions are not something to be afraid of or embarrassed by. They define our humanity. Making us separate from AI(artificial intelligence) and giving us abilities we don't understand. The ability to be motivated , ultruistic, caring and hopeful in the face of obvious hopelessness.

Our foolishness ,our quirkyness,our crooked teeth and wobbly smiles. Are perfect. Perfect definitions of our humanity.

No comments: