Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So it's Tuesday, blistering hot by most standards and promises to get worse. Yesterday it was over 35 degrees and today will be worse. My attention is focused on getting my future both short and long term, sorted out. I want to make good use of my time in hospital and not waste it. At the same time I am trying to sort out my future after Unilever.

My vegetable garden is doing OK in the heat but needs regular watering. The grass is virtually dead with the heat and lack of rain.

Phew! Its hot in the office. Screens radiate a huge wack of heat. I don't know if you are aware, normal tetraplegia (or quadraplegia) has a side effect which results in the body's normal temperature response (shivering or sweating) unable to respond to the conditions. Typical tetraplegics don't feel sensation either. Thankfully I don't suffer these problems but to I still overheat because half my body is insulated by the chair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nelson Mandela's 88th birthday today!

Anonymous said...

With you my bud, try watch Laguna Seca, Ill be glued to the screen with Lorraine, regards B