Sunday, July 08, 2007

Made contact with Cathy recently. Cathy worked with me in Unilever as a product developer and later a marketing manager. So good to be in touch again. Cathy came to me through a network system that I use called LinkedIn (see the link for my profile). Many Unilever people are now members. Another product I use is called Ecademy , I find this delivers a different type of "feel " and is better for making a wide range of contacts.

Weekend over now. I have just dropped off the kids , came back and started to work. I finished a few things and now doing my blog, which I miss dearly.

I don't know if you wonder why I don't just do it when I have a "spare moment "? Well paralysis is cruel enough, in that, you can't do any activity like eating, washing etc. yourself. So writing this blog requires me to stop what I am doing, get setup, and then I can be alone with my thoughts while I use the computer adaptions to allow me type. It's slow. Painfully slow but I do it! Surprisingly this is a very important part of my make-up and strive to be independent.

I don't have a financial fallback. I have earned my keep all my life and I don't see any reason to change this. I have "cut my cloth"accordingly. I have a strict budget and I take pride in being frugal! I see waste as a "sin" against the earth which provides so abundantly. (This is quite an interesting way to look at every aspect of your life. It forces you to think about everything you might throw away. I say things like,"the plant worked hard to make that think before you throw it away! ")

I wanted to update my poetry blog with the strong emotions I have been having so I will sign off and have a go.

No comments: