Friday, July 20, 2007

So here are some pictures of the latest developments.

We start at the top looking down.
Brocolli, Kale and Cabbage just as Dad planted them.


My apple tree.

Runner beans.

The view from the deck toward the top.


In the picture (above) I am enjoying the view of my herb garden and the colourful flower bed which reminds me of my mother who will probably know the name of each shrub.

As I sit here this evening England is experiencing more floods and rain.I look back on a week of struggle and hard work. Went to see my client yesterday and had arranged to have a meeting with the UK business head to deliver some pretty messages. Struggling with posture and voice I tried to deliver a clear message. I can't say it was done well but it's done!

On Monday we went to London for the start of our last 3 groups. Linda stayed over in the hotel where we held the groups. What a posh but friendly place. The groups went well and our work quality is really top of the class!

This morning my mobile had a voicemail and I knew it was bad news. I didn't have the strength to open it by myself but when Linda arrived she heard the beep and helped me. The news was of my granny's passing the night before.

It was like a curtain fell and the dark loneliness of my isolation suddenly was staring me in the eyes. I felt the loss of every motionless nerve fibre that once obeyed my thoughts and responded to my emotion all endured in the 6 years of this wheelchair. The inability to be with the people so much a part of me. I wept and couldn't stop. I'm sorry Gran, sorry I haven't been able to see you in the last few years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know a brave man when I see or hear him. And you sound brave to me.
I feel sure that where your Granny is now, she is aware of how sorry you are that you couldn't be there. She will always be a part of you

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment before mine about your Granny. I can imagine that she would be distressed to hear you apologise. I am sure that you have been in her thoughts every day since she last saw you.

What a beautiful garden ... and a lovely reminder of your parents.