Saturday, May 03, 2008

Anti-virus elections and life

Its a warm'ish Saturday morning. I sit here listening to some oldies, Diana Ross and the Supremes for the curious amongst you, and feeling a little bit mellow. I will often use my blog to reflect on the week passed. I will keep up this tradition and use the time to update you on my solo existence in this wheelchair.



How about this for interest to those who have a PC. This was featured on The Gadget Show recently. I always struggle with anti-virus software, Norton too slow and cumbersome, AVG OK,and so on. Now there is Yoggie. This isn't software. Its a PC you the size of a USB and it intercepts your internet traffic. In fact it even replaces your PC's IP address with its own! And because its hardware it can't be corrupted!


Do you know anything about Zimbabwe? Although the elections have been in the news, the plight of many is ignored. I have family living there and I made enquiries about getting supplies to them. My dad came across this chap who takes supplies up to various people on a merry mission. I have decided I would like to make a regular donation and to ask people up there to distribute supplies to local needy people. If anyone is interested in doing something give me your e-mail and I will put you in contact with this chap and the charity.


There's some strange behaviour being exhibited by the finches. Dude and Fawkes are making a nest. This would be normal but for the impression we had that they were both male!Dude is obviously male.Fawkes doesn't exhibit some of the typical male markings. If you know anything about Zebra finches, please let me know what to do!

For a little insight into the life of a man with a life checked from the pursuits of career, pleasure and material comfort you will need more insight than I am able to reveal in the musings of this blog. I do try to make it a conversation between you and me, I hope you will see fit to enter into the discussion.

Some images to help you,

My apple tree, with its spring frock of blossoms.













A view of my house from the vegetable garden










My raised vegetable garden.

No comments: