Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fresh Bread

Still no news of Valentino, I can't see that I will find him now. There has been 1 phone call, in response to my notices, some teenager playing around "looking for a bird". Well good luck to him,I say. All the birds in my life have flown.

I have a busy week ahead. Angela, my new assistant, arrives on Monday afternoon. She will board with me until she finds accommodation. I am looking forward to getting to be more productive.

I have not been in good spirits lately. My heart is heavy and my outlook (normally positive) is dim and depressed. I know that my life is very limited and loneliness will be with me, but it is very difficult to live with the gnawing emptiness.

I invited my neighbours over yesterday for home made chicken soup and fresh baked bread. We had a good evening.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julius
When Delia and family passed this way this evening on their way home after visiting Amy, Delia mentioned that a friend of Amy's had taken their parrot out of its cage and that was it. It took flight and was gone. Amy was very upset as she had hand-reared the parrot.
I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope Angela enjoys the challenges that will be put to her.
Love

Mom