Saturday, August 09, 2008

Life in the "summer sun"

Life in the UK can be fantastic when the sun shines. Except that it is so elusive and keeps hiding behind the clouds. Some days have been good and some pictures out in my back garden .





In Eddie's place (a little patio surrounded by vegetable beds)you can easily pick cabbage carrots, parsnip,tomato, rocket, lettuce, beans, corn, basil and sorrel.


Coming off the deck


The apple tree (behind me, out of the frame) is laden with apples and I hope the corn follows suit.


Valentino watching me work.


View of the back garden with the herbs to the right of the trampoline


For those who have asked about the chair it has been serviced and adjusted and it is better but still not right. I have developed poor posture and I can't work out what the problem is. Thank you all for the kind words and concern.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your garden. Kind of makes me feel "homesick". Have you increased the size of the vegetable section in "Eddie's Place? It looks as though a square or two have been added!
We didn't reap any beans from the last lot because the monkey's raided our garden every time there were beans. Since Sunday last week it has been quiet as Dad managed to shock the bull monkey and he has kept his tribe away for a while.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics - gorgeous weather and garden - so glad to see you out and enjoying!!
Yay