Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catch up

It is a warming sunny day. Temperature is around 19 degrees but should get to 20,21 later. We have had a succession of low pressure systems rolling in from the north west bringing cold rain.

I reaped most of my vegetables but I am still harvesting raspberries, salad leaves and corn. I will be planning my winter crops soon.

I was fortunate to have the assistance of a new PA called Liz. We work well together and I hope it works out.

Open Roads charity work is keeping us busy and we had a full day meeting on Saturday trying to keep up with all that needs to be done.

Went to see John last in the afternoon (Sunday) and drank some wine and chatted to some delightful friends of his. He reaped some vegetables from his allotment and garden which we had for dinner, potatoes, sweetcorn and sundries. I wasn't happy with my helper, he was on the phone throughout, coming off briefly to give me a peanut or two and snatch a handful for himself, before disappearing. I now have to address this before it continues.

No comments: