Monday, November 12, 2012

Stoke Mandeville Hospital Day 6

Stoke Mandeville Hospital Day 6
I arrived at SMH yesterday afternoon and I wasn't that well.  This persisted through to a bad night and today. I thought I might need energy (I had been eating light on Saturday and Sunday ) so had toast and coffee. This was a bad idea and my blood pressure plummeted and went all woozy.  If you want attention in a hospital just try saying you feel light headed and you will get you vital signs measured and be asked a load of questions which feels bewilderingly like the Spanish Inquisition. After an hour or so I felt a little better and measurement showed that my pressure had risen slightly and although low was more manageable. So I just had a slow day today.

I am using an adapted tablet PC running windows 7 about the size of an ipad. This has modifications which allow me access without the need to touch the display or use a keyboard . Instead I can control the mouse pointer with my head orientation. I select or click with a button in my left hand (I have sufficient movement in  my thumb to press  down).

So I completed my therapy for the day and have been listening to music and browsing the internet. I will probably get an early night.

No comments: