Thursday, January 12, 2006

It has been a hectic week and I have still so much to achieve. I am constantly in a battle between achieving my work program and the inconsequential,yet essential aspects of daily routine, hospital appointments, personal care, household admin,and my hobbies(just projects I am interested in).It is not surprising I have little time for the good stuff,like relationships and entertainment.

I have to say, being busy can certainly delay any bad feelings or loneliness. The trick is to just run faster than the negative thoughts. If you don't, they get you. Ouch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing, testing

Julius said...

YOU ARE VERY TESTING! !

Anonymous said...

Hi Julius,

Re: we teach people how to treat us by our signals / behaviour/responses...
I guess ideally our treatment of others would be guided by internal values (eg: do to others as you would have them do to you).
However, in a less than perfect world we're not only separated from each other but also divided within ourselves (personality-wise I think we are all have schizo tendencies), we do need to communicate our boundaries openly in order to send out clear signals as to how we are prepared to be treated.
The clearest messages are verbal; non-verbal messages are less specific and open to misinterpretation!
Steve reckons the idea is just an excuse for victimization!
Sadly, I think there is a lot of truth in this owing to the cruel side of our human nature. But this goes to show that we need to counteract this behaviour with the clear message that we are not prepared to accept such treatment!

What d'you reckon?

Sarah W