Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Phew! Eeaaargh!*@&*! What a fight to keep going in the last few days. I have been physically drained by the effects of my cold/MRSA combination. It feels OK some days but then flares up with a vengence. The result is sneezing,spluttering and violent movements in the chair. I can't control this and it stops work for 10 minutes while recovery and clean-up are progressed.

Thanks for encouraging me to write today, I would not have had the strength.

I am onto my 3rd carer in 3 days. The last 2 are temporarily filling in but without proper training of my specific situation everything is slower and more difficult.

Work is tough under these circumstances and inspiration illusive. I need to crack on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pleased to read you ... even if I would have prefered to read that you are in good shape rather than fighting with some cold etc...
Keep going ... in french we say:
"après la pluie vient le beau temps !"
Frédérique

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to hear that you have been so unwell. I wish that I could offer you more support than just saying that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You gotta do wot you gotta do buddy, and thats get better, these bugs that we get these days seem to linger and linger, I just had a cold with bronchial cough for 7 weeks now, but slowly it is lifting, press on my friend - am there with you, if not in the flesh in spirit and always in thought - Brian H

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy this joke. I'm sure you will after having had a recent spell in hospital.

A woman called a local hospital. "Hello. Could you connect me to the person who gives information about patients. I'd like to find out if a patient is getting better, doing as expected, or getting worse."

The voice on the other end said, "What is the patient's name and room number?"

"Sarah Finkel, room 302."

"I'll connect you with the nursing station."

"3-A Nursing Station. How can I help You?"

"I'd like to know the condition of Sarah Finkel in room 302."

"Just a moment. Let me look at her records. Mrs Finkel is doing
very well. In fact, she's had two full meals, her blood pressure is fine, she is to be taken off the heart monitor in a couple of hours
and, if she continues this improvement, Dr Cohen is going to send her home Tuesday at noon."

The woman said, "What a relief! Oh, that's fantastic ... that's
wonderful news!"
The nurse said, "From your enthusiasm, I take it you are a close family member or a very close friend!"

"Neither! I'm Sarah Finkel in 302! Nobody here tells me anything."