Thursday, October 19, 2006


River

I slip
I slide
I drift on a liquid streams
Weightless
Helpless but relaxed
Immersed not wet - not cold
Passing scenes interrupt

Desert

Soft, trickling, smooth, cool, sand
volcanic, unyielding, jagged rocks
juxtaposed
meaningless?

Fragments of unconscious dreams that I remember from my months after the accident when I began to awake after a few weeks.

I had to get these down to stop them. I constantly try to find meaning and some hope by understanding them. There are others, these are uniquely sensorical and words cannot capture the memory of how they feel. Reminders like a glimpse of soft, smooth skin, a shoulder or a cheek raised by a smile, can bring back dream.

Well either the antibiotics are working or I was recovering, I feel a lot better. Apart from the occasional cough, full recovery is eminent. Thanks to you all for your wishes and encouragement.


No comments: