Sunday, February 18, 2007

I have been yearning to sit down and update you all on the crazy goings-on of my convoluted life.There is always some priority I feel I must attend to first, by the end of which, I have too little time to do a thorough job.

There's work, health, farewells and hellos to talk about. Not to mention, leisure or should I describe it as active parenting. Much debate about whether leisure is the appropriate term in this case and so I will clarify this by saying that I view it as a time when I don't actively think about my work.

How does one work effectively with a person that was part of your life in a very powerful way and at all levels?

I don't like to "let go" of people. I like to remain at peace with people who mean something to me, or have done in the past. So I always keep a door open. Difficulties in relationships are seldom caused by malicious intent and this mixed responsibility is an important learning opportunity. I was very nervous about whether this was a good idea regarding a situation I faced. I needed some office assistance and they had some time. Going from the context of our past to this new situation, meant boundaries needed to be established and care taken to ensure maintainance of working standards.

I have to say it's working well and I have seen a big improvement.

Now last week was a busy time for me. I did as much as I could on Monday to Wednesday knowing that on Thursday and Friday I would be out.On Thursday to a hospital appointment in Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Aylesbury. A 4 hour round trip. I used my time there to see nurses, friends and doctors who I had known. I got home late.

Friday was a lunch and a farewell from friends and colleagues at work. More about this as soon as the pictures arrive!

This weekend was an opportunity to spend time with my children, as Ruth was busy I had the other 2,Alex and Carmen over. They went through a stage when they were younger of irritating each other over everything. Now they get on well together and seem to enjoy each other's company. We went to watch the local football team, Rushden and Diamonds They won, which is always a bonus for sitting in the cold.

After the game we grabbed a video and watched a soppy movie which Carmen mistook for a comedy.

Waking up this morning I found easy as I had spent the night half awake, as usual. The other 2 slept till eleven and we had tea and biscuits. After spending time outside and a phone call informing us our plan to have lunch with my friend was cancelled. I offered to teach them how to bake scones. They loved that. Polishing off a batch of scones between them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, a man who knows how to bake scones! I AM impressed! Hope you just happened to have the strawberry jam and cream handy (in my house they wouldn't have been handy - I would have devoured them previously!)