Tuesday, February 27, 2007

In response to the last comment. I have been sick for last few days. Not enough to stay in bed but enough to make every minute a strain. You may wonder why.So did I. I was told that overall I have a 5-10% body strength which helps me to sit up etc. So in a normal day I have a constant battle against the forces of gravity which pull me down into a slumped position (which I hate). As you can imagine, slight illness can make this a huge and difficult battle.

I have had my e-mail go down for the last 5 days and I am not happy.

I spent the day with my son Alex on Sunday. We spent several hours revising some science before watching the football.

Last night I went to his school for a very poorly arranged parents teachers evening. The boy has great cognitive ability and poor scores.I don't know how to help him with his poor motivation and focus.

I would just love to do more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In response to your comments about your son's "poor motivation and focus", I think an enormous number of parents can identify with this statement. I'm no professor but I think that so many factors come into play here ... and remember that so many children only reach their full potential once they either reach their teen years or even once they've left school and start on their tertiary education. I think continued love, support and patience are the things that we can support our children with and know that they will find their niche. When my little daughter was feeling like 'no one loved her at school', advice to me was to have friends over to play for her to foster bonds with and I enrolled her in a dance class to give her something to focus on/talk about at school. It worked for her but that's just my story and I hate giving advice because what works for one child, doesn't necessarily work for another, and I'm not even sure if this relates to your son in any way. Enough from my soapbox ... !