Sunday, October 21, 2007

So this morning I was doing the physio routine (I ask my carers to give my limbs a stretch every day) and I realised that because of my position at the time I was able to touch my face. I was able to touch the skin with my fingertips. So what you will ask? Well for 5 years I haven't felt skin on my fingertips. They are softer and more sensitive. I could feel the slightest texture change. From the hair on my cheeks to the dry skin on my nose.Wow.


I enjoyed the rugby and seeing SA as world champions. When we won the 1995 RWC I was on business in London so I watched inside a pub near Leicester Square. Who could predict that the next time we would win, I would be in a wheelchair, paralysed below my neck.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring but I still have a carer to train this week so I expect time will be limited.

No comments: