Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Can you believe this the CD I said I was searching for has gone out of production, such a grind. Nostalgia can be so easy but keep it locked up as a thought and you will be OK!

How about the story I received from Fiona by e-mail today. Our paths overlapped when we spent a few months on the same hospital ward. Fiona writes lovely detailed letters about her new life in France. This last letter has cute story about her cat which I include below (Fiona rents holiday cottage called Les-Cerises, just click on the link on my link list)

This will make you laugh. On Saturday our fluffy cat disappeared in the morning. I was getting more and more anxious and even starting to feel sick. At about 3 pm I went into the back yard and called him and thought I heard a pathetic squeak from next door. Initially I thought he was in the garage, which was odd because it was all closed up as the neighbour has been away for two weeks and then as I went down the side of the house I realised that the meowing was not coming from the garage but from the chimney and he had fallen down the inside of the chimney. Now I was really worried because I thought he was in her house and covering it with soot or peeing on her carpet but another neighbour assured me that I need not worry about that as the chimney had been sealed at the bottom. Now I was nearly hysterical as you can imagine, he was stuck inside a blocked up chimney!! Very bad news and the lady was still on holiday!! Lucky for the cat she came back that evening and when we went round to see her she couldn't believe that the cat was up the chimney but a further piece of luck the chimney is not sealed merely closed by a heavy metal flap and once this was raised out dropped the cat!!!! I thought he would be covered in soot and completely black but no!! Her chimney is as clean as her house and he didn't even have a bitof smut on him. Little sod!! he has been very clingy for the last couple of days!!!

No comments: