Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Give up shopping for one year?

Great idea! See the link where I found the article by clicking on the title. Now most won't manage 12 months but maybe a reduction to once a quarter! Anyway the article tied in with some thing I heard on BBC Radio 4 this morning.

This chap (I missed his name) travelled the world interviewing people. I think he was a psychologist. He was intrested in mental health. He found that people who prioritised on material things and wealth, tended to have more mental health difficulties. They had very poor relationships and did not prioritise this aspect. Mostly these types of people were English Speakers! He calls this disease Affluenza.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am encouraged to know that at least I am assured of a good old age and that my relationships will still be intact then too! As I don't have the means to prioritise on material things and wealth keeps escaping me ... I am delighted to see a good future ahead of me! I think that I will get influenza before affluenza!!!