Sunday, April 01, 2007

Finally some pictures of the farewell I had from Unilever some friends and colleagues, some food and wine and a great time was was the result see February 18 .

Honestly, it is hard to say goodbye and even harder to move on. The blackholes caused by the dreadful impact of this injury and subsequent disability leave me bewildered and confused. A feeling of emptiness which is made worse by saying goodbye.

So thank you all for being there and supporting me. Keep in touch. I am always here. (Thanks for the photos Stuart! )

Fred and Sally sat opposite me for a time.



Fred trying to read, you forget a lot when you retire.
(note: Sally has a condescending look of disdain! )


John kindly said a few words and hoped that I would shut up.


The wine was good so I shamelessly replied to the false propaganda being broadcast by John.


The table where most drinking took place (I am told wine flowed)


Ok, you lot look too happy, you must be up to something. What was that Irene?



This was a fun table, from Teresa and Tricia's rosy cheeks and smile. Notice Jim trying to escape the photo.


Sally is obviously bored by the conversation and is caught looking around.


The three musketeers, Ian, Iain and John.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My interpretation of being retrenched (I recall this is your scenario?) is not just the physical leaving. It is the heart-wrenching emotional break from all that we have known over so many months or years. It is the leaving behind of memories, of good times, of a routine, a comfort-zone, of knowing that there are friends at work that we will miss dearly. A friend of mine who was retrenched said to me that retrenchment is not something which one can just 'get over' and then move on with your life. No, it takes time to work through one's emotions and to very slowly move forward. I cannot imagine the heartache if I was retrenched. But I see it coming to me too ... hang in there Julius.