Saturday, March 01, 2008

To write a blog one requires dedication. Sometimes despite your feelings and agenda you have to put your mind into the space. The space where you give of yourself. A space which can be difficult to reach. This is particularly true of a personal blog.

There are days like today when the heart feels heavy and afraid of opening. When dark melancholy and loneliness prosper and rule the thoughts without mercy. This is such a day. I write not because of exuberant outpouring,but of sombre duty.

My account will be factual and truthful but lacking my normal levity and wit.

Last Saturday I took Colleen and the children to London to a show at the Dominion Theatre. It was a show Carmen had seen a few weeks earlier and wanted to share with the rest of the family. So I told her to organise it and she did. The picture is taken just before we left.

No comments: