Monday, August 14, 2006

I'm back! After 1 week at Stoke Mandeville Hospital I discharged myself. I was tested for the hospital bug,MRSA and came up positive. This required me to be isolated and have reduced access to therapy. So I decided it was better to leave.

Let's talk about the NHS for a moment. How do they manage to take a working formulae and make such a mess of it?Take Stoke Mandeville Spinal Unit. It was once the premier site for spinal treatment in the world. Now it lags behind what other countries offer and struggles to get anywhere. I sat in a patients forum on Thursday night listening to the debate. It stinks. The way we manage hospitals now is like putting the companies secretary in charge! Everything is all teas and toilets or to put it another way, its like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Well I must dash. I have much to organise, now that I'm back. I will write again about Doctors Nurses and hospital, but for now thanks for all your wishes and support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did they rearrange the Titanic's deck chairs before, during or after the disaster? Regards B

Anonymous said...

Hi J! sorry to hear the bad news, Iet me know when its ok to come over.

aIg.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julius

I am coming over to UK in October, and would love to visit you. Would like to hear more about your consultancy ideas. I'll chat to you closer to the time. Love Kelly