Saturday, August 05, 2006

In all my life have I ever felt so disconnected. The world, people and all I hold dear and important, seems distant and unreachable. Even my own body is a stranger to me now.

My somber mood must not not be mistaken for a melancholy attack. I give you real thoughts and feelings from some nasty, scary places.

Yesterday the virus I have been battling all week, gave a huge lunge forward. By lunch time I was in bed. Fever set in and I spent the afternoon in a shivering pool of sweat.I fell into an exhausted sleep by 9pm.

I feel better today but I have to feel better because I pack for Stoke Mandeville Hospital and I need to be clear minded.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julius,
I hope you are better by now and luggage is packed for the "hospital adventure". I am sure it will bring you new insights.
I had not visited your blogg for a little while and saw your consultancy project. I am persuaded that it coudl work and am sure you woudl be an excellent consultant in this field that you know so well and in which you have lots of experience.
take care, I hope you will not feel too much the hospital loneliness
Frederique

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you will have the nurses eating out the palm of your hand with your charm and sense of humour! Good luck in hospital.

Anonymous said...

Hi J,I hope to get over to stoke man. to see you soon.
It woud be good if your car was avaiIabIe so we coud go out for a beer and a meaI.
Give me a caII and Iet me know woud be a good time,chin up bud! see you soon


aIg.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules
Give those nurses something to think about and tell Queen Steve to keep his pecker up although I think that is one of the problems
Fi