Thursday, September 14, 2006

What makes a man, a man . Manly. I feel very male. Sexually it's a strong orientation. Yet, I am thoroughly comfortable with my emotions my appreciation of a beautiful rose, with my creativity. With my relationship with my children. I know it doesn't effect the measure of maleness, yet I feel unattractive for my manliness.

The wheelchair is a strong categorisation. However, the truth is often not in the same box.
Sure, I can understand the attraction of sacrifice, to see the value of service and humility toward someone less fortunate. I am not a "cause" or an excuse for nunery service.

I am charming, I love to interact and tease the opposite sex. I love feminity.The eyes, shy smile and the soft fragrant skin of a woman. It occurs to me that the use of my charm will lead me to disappointment. So I don't use it. I keep my heart hidden. Keep the sexual tiger bound and caged. I have never learned to seperate my heart from my desire. I don't want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across this quote this morning on the internet (by William D. Tammeusand) and I had to share it with you after I read your 'Word of the Day' synonym being "roundabout"!

"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around — and why his parents will always wave back."

I'm sure all parents can relate to this - I certainly can!

Julius said...

I don't understand human nature, for sure. Its hard enough just trying to be one and live with them!

If you have any pearls of wisdom please let me know.