Wednesday, December 14, 2005


Frustration.
I have set about making myself as independent as possible and whilst I have to have 24hr care I don't want to be dependent 24hrs a day. So, I have built a life full of gadgets to automate what I can. Doors, Lights, Heaters, Fans,TV's and HiFi all driven a control on my wheelchair. I too have a mobile on the chair connected to this controller. Today the connection wouldn't work, a problem with the contacts, so we eventually gave up.

You might be interested in how the controller works. Its a screen with icons behind each icon there is a command.This command could be a TV command or a door etc. To activate the controller I have a single button on my headrest(see picture). This starts the controller off.It scrolls rapidly across the screen, highlighting each icon. When it highlights the icon I want, I press the button again and the command is issued. So sometimes you might see my head bouncing back and forth, now you will know why. I am trying to control something.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks very good.
Now i know what you have been doing with your time.

Ian