Saturday, December 17, 2005

The post earlier may seem strange but its what I promised. I will always tell you how I am feeling and sometimes words aren't organised into thoughts. Just feelings. Disjointed and scatty.

I took Alex and Alan to the pub with me yesterday had a pint,then grabbed a takeaway and a DVD (War of the Worlds). Then Alex and I watched Gladiator. So a late night.

This morning we watched Liverpool in the World club final. I had to help Alex deal with disappointment (we lost) as he normally gets depressed and destructive. So I talked to him about focusing his mind and using the emotion of failure constructively. So far, he has done well.

So a few more days, then Christmas, eek! Where does the time go? I have one objective. To give the kids an experience they will remember.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julius,

received your mail today with the calender and the link to this blog. Just went through the whole blog.
It feels somehow like being able to share some of your life and experience, which is good. I am impressed by your ability to write, and find it challenging to report on a regular basis the way you do.
When I tried to keep a diary in specific periods of my life I remember I usually could hardly find the energy after "tough" days to keep to it. So I try to imagine what it must represent for you. As a blog of course it is not just for self-use it is to share which gives it a very different dimension and makes it probably harder to be open and honest (I understood this is an objective) ?
Christmas is getting closer here as well (ah yeah?). I am not so keen on it but it is just so wonderfull for children that I am looking forward to the pleasure of my son. He finds it so special and is full of expectations not really daring to believe they can come true. His Joy will be mine !
so long ....
warm regards
Frédérique

Julius said...

Hi Frederique
Thanks for the comment. Yes,I agree about this time of year, we are so privelaged to share it with the kids.

I hope you have a great Christmas with your son.
God Bless