Friday, December 02, 2005

Phew! Well I have the kids for a few days because on Wednesday evening they removed Colleen's appendix. It was apparently inflamed and "ready " to be taken out. She looks relaxed and is now going to be in for 4-5 days. With a bed near the window and a nice ward(4 patients per bay) she she can have a rest.

Yesterday after a visit to my podiatrist(I took the kids with me)we went to Morisons (supermarket) for lunch. They each bought Colleen a little gift. Ruth - flowers, Carmen - arranged a bowl of fruit and Alex - Chocolates.

We came back at 6.00. My carer (Veronica) was exhausted (we were all tired). I ordered Pizza and we all went to bed by 9:30. In preparation for an early start.

Up early (6.00 for me) we got started for school. They had at my insistence done homework and prepared Uniforms night before. Dropped the girls on time but Alex was late.

My first observation is that my children are simply amazing! They look after each other and take care of each other. Carmen has really developed her friendship with Ruth. I rely heavily on her to help with phone calls, Ruth's hair, programming the Sat Navigator, etc. Ruth is less flighty but still quite lively. Alex is starting to struggle with hormones. He can't sit still, loves Raucous ,discordant music and seems to want to allways use the bathroom when the girls are there.

I love them so much.

I pick them up at 3:30 then go visit Colleen. I am hoping Alan can take me so Veronica can rest.

Well tomorrow is weekend with only 1 activity for Ruth. I think we might go to see the latest Harry Potter.

So bye for now.

No comments: